So, I've been wanting to start up this blog for a long time. And what better way to get the ball rolling than getting to know me a bit better. I found these 20 crazy questions online, and hopefully my answers give you a bit more of an insight into who I am.
Alright, Let's get started!
- Who is your hero? That's a tough one. Probably Dr Jane Goodall. She has done so much work educating people about the environment, she has dedicated her life to it, and is making a positive change on this planet. Even as an old lady she is still giving it all she's got. She is an amazing woman.
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Oh man, another tricky one. Well it would have to be beside a beautiful white sandy beach somewhere. Probably a secluded bay in Hawaii.
- What is your biggest fear? Probably phoning strangers. Weird, I know. I would much rather swim with a shark than call a stranger on the phone. Swimming with sharks is on my bucket list though. They are such beautiful creatures.
- What is your favorite family vacation? We are lucky, we have been on many amazing vacations. Hmmmmmmm, I'm going to go with our recent family holiday at Mount Maunganui. We stayed in a beautiful apartment by the beach, did lots of hiking, swimming and just relaxing with each other as a family.
- What would you change about yourself if you could? I would make my grey hairs magically disappear.
- What really makes you angry? People that are disrespectful. Of others, and of the environment.
- What motivates you to work hard? Bringing joy to others. Seeing their smiling faces is so satisfying and heart warming.
- What is your favorite thing about your career? That I get to see so many amazing places around New Zealand and the world.
- What is your biggest complaint about your job? That too often photographers' photos get stolen online.
- What is your proudest accomplishment? Being a working mum and raising two wonderful boys.
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Pad Thai!!!!! I love a good Pad Thai. I could eat it all day long.
- What is your favorite book to read? Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.
- What makes you laugh the most? Remembering funny moments in my life. Like when my husband and I went to America in the winter, and the first time he opened up the door and got out of the car, he slipped over on the ice and disappeared out of sight. Makes me wet my pants laughing every time. You really had to be there.
- What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? Trolls. I actually loved it. So did the kids.
- What did you want to be when you were small? A doctor, or a marine biologist.
- What does your child want to be when he/she grows up? An astronaut.
- If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Swim with whales. I wish I could do that every day, I haven't really had the chance yet. Just a brief glimpse of a humpback in the distance.
- What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? I don't really watch sport, but probably freeskiing, because it is fast, entertaining, and I get it. I used to compete in freeskiing myself. So much fun.
- Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car? The horse is tempting, but I am pretty clueless about horses so probably the bike.
- What would you sing at Karaoke night? Don't stop Belevin' for sure.
And there we have it 20 questions done and dusted! What do you think? Any questions you want to add?
Write your crazy questions in the comments and I will add them to my next edition of "20 questions with Maria". Just keep it PG, I won't be answering any inappropriate questions thank you.